Composition 37% Cotton, 45% Nylon, 18% Lycra (15-19mmHg)
Recommended for long distance travel and suitable for all age ranges, these full length graduated Flysafe compression flight socks are shown to help increase the blood flow.
- This could help to prevent circulatory problems such as DVT (Deep vein thrombosis)
- Relieves tired, swollen and aching legs
- Cotton rich providing coolness and comfort
- Discreet - look like regular socks under trousers or jeans
Use these socks as an aid in the prevention of DVT, be it on a plane, train or in a car. They are discreet and look like ordinary socks under jeans or trousers.
IMPORTANT: Before using compression socks, seek medical advice if you have previously suffered from venous or arterial disease, or if you have suffered from diabetes.
Information about DVT (deep vein thrombosis) and reducing the risk when travelling
If you think you have a risk of DVT, see your GP before you travel. Don't leave it until the last minute in case you need to buy medication, compression stockings or anything else for your flight. Wearing compression stockings during flights of four hours or more can significantly reduce your risk of DVT, as well as leg swelling (oedema).
During your journey
Tips to reduce your risk of DVT during a long-distance flight, train or car journey:
- wear loose, comfortable clothes
- consider flight socks
- do anti-DVT exercises
- walk around whenever you can
- drink plenty of water
- don't drink alcohol or take sleeping pills
For more information you can visit the NHS Choices website.